Do you have a loved one living at home on their own who is frail and elderly? Are you or a family member supporting and caring for a loved one with a disability? Do you know someone living with Alzheimer’s?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, you and/or your loved one may benefit from one of the Adult Day Programs offered across Erie St. Clair.
Adult Day Programs offer supervised recreational and social activities in a group setting. Making new friends and engaging in stimulating activities can help your loved one stay healthy and independent longer.
These programs (also known as respite programs) offer a much-needed break for caregivers.
There are many different Adult Day Programs offered across Windsor/Essex, Chatham-Kent, and Sarnia/Lambton. To find out if you or your loved one is eligible for one of these programs, contact one of the Erie St. Clair LHIN-funded local health service provider agencies listed below.
• Alzheimer Society of Windsor and Essex County: Day Away Program
• Assisted Living Southwestern Ontario: Participation Industries
• South Essex Community Council: Adult Day Program
• Alzheimer Society of Chatham-Kent: Adult Day Programs, Chatham and Wallaceburg
• New Beginnings ABI and Stroke Recovery Association
• St. Andrew’s Residence: Seniors Day Out Program
• Victorian Order of Nurses Sarnia-Lambton: Adult Day Program
• Lambton Meadowview Villa, Petrolia: Adult Day Program
* Note: Most programs offer subsidized
his article and photo has been written and submitted by: Erie St. Clair Local Health
Integration Network, Chatham, ON.
For more information, contact the Erie St. Clair LHIN at 1-888-447-4468