- . In a large pot over medium-high heat, brown bacon until crisp. Transfer bacon to a plate and reserve fat in pan.
- Add onions and cook until softened, 6 minutes. Add flour and stir continuously with a wooden spoon until absorbed, about 1 minute.
- Stir in chicken stock, half-and-half, potato, green onions, salt, and pepper and simmer on medium-low until potatoes are tender, 10 minutes.
- Add shrimp and simmer until pink, 2 to 3 minutes, then stir in half the cooked bacon.
- Garnish with remaining bacon and green onions.
- 8 oz. bacon, chopped
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 3 c. low-sodium chicken stock
- 2 c. half-and-half
- 1 russet potato, peeled and chopped into 1/2″ cubes
- 1/4 c. chopped green onions, plus more for garnish
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lb. medium or large shrimp, peeled and deveined, roughly chopped
Prep: 15 min.
Bake: 10 min.