In Highgate, the south-eastern end of Chatham-Kent, The Mary Webb Centre continues to be a venue that hosts fantastic Canadian music performers, presents a superb gallery of local and regional art, and remains a great local community events location.
But not actually during the summer. In the months of July and August when activities quiet down enough, we give the large group of volunteers some time to recuperate. It also is the time for repairs and improvements. Also this summer sees a very big project underway.
Those who have come to the Centre and have enjoyed a music performance in the upper level concert hall often are looking toward the stage. They have also surely craned their necks skyward to see a magnificent work of art in its own right, a stained glass dome, back lit to present the amazing skill that designed it, created it and installed it. The volunteers have had their eyes on it too and after 105 years, it was deemed time for a renovation.
An amazing concert series awaits an audience in September. Pre-order your tickets in August at: www.marywebbcentre.ca is a click away to ensure patrons get their tickets for the superb line up of some of Canada’s best up-and-coming:
• Aaron Allen (Local Awesome Country)
• Sarah Harmer (Canadian Icon – #1)
• Listen to the Music (Doobies Tribute)
• The Fugitives (West Coast Roots/Folk)
• Brock Stonefish (Local Blues Maestro)
• Leahy (Family Celtic Christmas)
• Keith Brown (Local Roots, Internationally Renowned Magician)
• Take Three (Remembering Burt Bacharach)
• Valdy (Canadian Icon – #2)
• Amanda Martinez (Smooth Latin Spiced Jazz)
• Skydiggers (Canadian Icon – #3)
What a line up! As they say, “If its at the Mary Webb Centre, you know is going to be great!”
This article was written & submitted by: Peter Garapick.