- Preheat the oven to 180C / 350F. Place pumpkin, cauliflower, onion, and garlic onto a baking tray and cover with dried thyme, and olive oil. Roast for 30-40 minutes, flipping the vegetables halfway, until the pumpkin is golden and tender.
- Transfer roasted pumpkin, cauliflower, and onion into a large pot. Squeeze garlic from skins and add to pot (discard the skin). Add stock and season with salt and pepper. Bring to boil on high heat, then reduce to simmer for 15 minutes.
- Puree with an immersion blender until smooth. If the soup is too thick, add more stock as needed until desired consistency is reached. Return the pot to heat for a few minutes to ensure it’s warm throughout, then remove from heat and stir through milk. Serve with crusty bread or croutons.
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 900g / 2 lbs Pumpkin / Butternut Squash, skin removed and cut into small chunks
- ½ head of Cauliflower, cut into florets
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Brown or Yellow Onion, cut into small chunks
- 1 teaspoon Dried Thyme
- 3 cups Vegetable Stock, more if needed
- Salt and Pepper
- ¼ cup Milk
Soup will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for 4 days or in the freezer for 3 months.